Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Chicken Cookies

Annie is almost two years old (April 4) and, accordingly, is learning how to assert her independence in a variety of ways. One of the many ways is to arbitrarily limit her diet. Well, it's not entirely arbitrary: basically, she eats cereal or toast in the morning, and sometimes yogurt, cheese, and grapes for other meals. And cookies, cake, or ice cream. She loves cookies and desserts, but not much else.

(and it's not for a lack of us trying)

Today while Katie was at work, I did one of my quick and embarrassing dinners of chicken patties, salad, and potato chips. No real skill involved in this meal, and not much in the way of nutrients either. But it still offers a somewhat balanced array of protein, fresh produce, and carbs. If only Anne would eat some of it.

Then I had my idea. They weren't chicken patties. They were chicken cookies.

The results speak for themselves:

3 comments:

Krupskaya said...

Brilliant! I still put "sprinkles" on yogurt for the kids, even though both of them know it's really wheat germ.

Anonymous said...

I love the chicken cookie idea! You are a genius at work AND at home!

Dahlberg said...

That is a great story! I will keep that in mind!! Love reading up on your blog...those girls keep you both busy.